For the search engines and your visitors to trust your website is a strong signal that you are a true player in whatever game your niche plays.
That’s a colloquial way of putting it, but in the end trust helps signal all that you’re not a flash-in-the-pan or playing any games to manipulate either search engines or your visitors.
9 Factors That Help Build Trust
Work on the following signals to build some trust:
• Register your domain for more than 2 years (more like 5)
• Don’t register other domain names that you’ll use for untrustworthy practices
• Attain links from other valued websites
• Add fresh, updated content
• Don’t spam the search engines with repetitive over-use of keywords and phrases
• Abide by the standards of the search engines
• Abide by accessibility standards
• Have your website coded cleanly & professionally
• Don’t link out to a whole bunch of websites that have little relevance to your theme or topic